Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices.
The Way We Use Information
We do not use Customer Information we have obtained about you for any purpose other than to service or manage your account(s) in the ordinary course of our business.
Our Commitment to Data Security
This site uses reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss, unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction and when transferring information for processing. However, please note that no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be absolutely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Children and Minors
It is our policy that visitors to our Site who are under the age of 18 should not post on or provide information to our Site without the consent of their parents. You should supervise the online activities of your children, and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers that help provide a child-friendly Internet environment.
Text Message Policy
By providing your cell phone number, you have provided HP SEARS with consent to send you account notifications including reminders and updates regarding your account via text.
- Msg frequency varies by acct/preference. Msg & data rates may apply.
- To opt-out, Text STOP to corresponding telephone number. An opt-out confirmation message will be sent back to you.
- To request support or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A technology called “cookies” may be used to provide you with tailored information. You may be able to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Our cookies may collect the operating system and browser that a visitor is using. HP Sears’s web applications do not recognize or act on request from a browser.
California Residents – California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
Although we believe that based upon the types of services we provide HP Sears may be exempt from certain features of California’s Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we provide you with general information about the CCPA.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides that companies disclose certain categories of personal information they typically collect about a consumer and certain rights a consumer may have. You have the right to request, free of charge, that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
Information We May Collect About You
Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”) that may be collected in connection with visits to this Site may be retained by HP Sears.
We only use and disclose consumers’ personal information for debt collection purposes subject to state, federal and local laws and regulations.
When we obtain or collect information in connection with debt collection over the past 12 months, it may fall into one or more of the following categories of personal information:
- health insurance information, which we obtain from the debtor’s creditor or the consumer, if we are collecting medical debt;
- personal identifying information, like name, alias, address and account name and number, financial information, social security number, as well as other identifying information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports and other skip trace tools, and from you;
- characteristics such as age, gender, etc., which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, and consumer’s credit report;
- retail information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor and the consumer’s credit report;
- internet activity and internet protocol address regarding online payments, which we collect if the consumer visits our website or payment portal;
- geolocation data, such as audio, electronic, visual or similar information which we may obtain, including call recordings;
- recordings, which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us. (NOTE: calls made by HP Sears to consumers and calls made by consumers to HP Sears are recorded and may be monitored. (h) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased;
- professional and employment related information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reporting agencies, and other skip trace sources; and
- educational information, degree, etc., which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reporting agencies, and other skip trace sources.
- Inferences drawn from other information, such as ability to pay;
Personal information does not include: Publicly available information from government records; Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) or clinical trial data; personal information covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We may share personal information with:
Service providers we use to help deliver our services; Other third parties we use to help us run our business; Third parties approved by you, including third-party payment providers; Credit reporting agencies; skip trace sources or vendors and Government agencies and others as required by laws and regulations.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that if the information HP Sears maintains about you falls into one or more categories of exceptions, HP Sears will not delete the information. Once our obligation or right to keep your personal information has expired, we will delete the information from our systems in accordance with our data retention policies and procedures.
To exercise your rights: Email us at email@example.com or call 1-888-269-7051. Please note that you may only make a request twice within a 12-month period.
You can correct factual errors in your personal information by sending us a verifiable request that credibly shows the error to the email address listed above.
To protect your privacy rights and for your security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to personal information or before allowing any corrections to your personal information. Please provide full name, address, date of birth, account number if applicable, and the last four numbers of your Social Security number.
We do not sell personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to sell your information or use it for marketing purposes.
A consumer has a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
A consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act by sending us a notarized power of attorney or notarized written authorization.
General Contact Information
To contact us generally, you may write to us at: HP Sears 2000 18th Street, Bakersfield, California 93301 or email us at contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-269-7051
For Payment Options, call us at 1-888-269-7051 or www.payhps.com